We are an experimental and computation group studying ATP Binding Cassette (ABC) proteins. The altered function or expression of these proteins lead to various diseases, such as pseudoxanthoma elasticum, cystic fibrosis, diabetes mellitus type II, adrenoleukodystrophy, etc. We aim to understand the molecular level processes resulting in ABC associated disorders and design strategies to overcome the effect of the altered functional state of ABC proteins.
Our team is a part of the Molecular Biophysics Research Group of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (head: Miklós Kellermayer) and associated with Biomembrane.hu (head: Balázs Sarkadi).
Our research is supported by:
- National Research, Development and Innovation Office
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Governmental Information-Technology Development Agency
- GPU Laboratory, MTA Wigner Institute
- NVIDIA Corporation
- Department of Biophysics and Radiation Biology, Semmelweis University